Tenerife is a favourite holiday destination for millions of people. If you haven't visited it yet, here are 10 unbelievable things you should know about this island before heading there for your next sun kissed holiday.
1. Part of the Canary Islands, Tenerife is the largest in this group. This means you're going to find a wealth of luxury resorts, hotels, vacation accommodation, beaches, and activities to suit all budgets and preferences.
2. The flag on Tenerife is identical to the one of Scotland. Nonetheless, you can rest assured that its climate isn't the same. In Tenerife, you can enjoy over 300 sunny days per year.
3. Clash of Titans, the 2010 movie, used Tenerife's Teide National Park as its backdrop.
4. Mount Teide, the highest point of Teide National Park is the third biggest volcano on earth.
5. El Medano, with its two kilometre stretch of sand is the longest natural beach on the island.
6. William Shakespeare loved Tenerife's home grown wine so much, that he mentioned it in two of this plays. He was happy to receive a barrel of Malmsey wine every year, as part of his salary.
7. The giant Mount Teide casts the largest sea shadow in the world - are you impressed yet?
8. Tenerife hosts the biggest waterpark in Europe, Siam Park, famous for its seven world records. Among them, there is the largest man-made wave in the world and the globe's largest Thai building outside Asia. Siam Park won the 2015 Traveller's Choice TripAdvisor award.
9. Tenerife has a "sister community" in southern Florida. The name of this community is "Miami-Dade Country" and it may be well worth checking out.
10. Last but not least, you should know that Tenerife's black sand beaches aren't dirty. This is only a myth, as that's simply the colour of fine volcanic sand. You won't get your feet dirty, should you decide to walk barefoot on this beach, I can promise you that.
Do you happen to know any other interesting facts about Tenerife? If you do, just let me know in the comments section below, and I'll add them to this article. This amazing island deserves the huge number of visitors it receives, so let's make it even more famous.
If you'd like to read more interesting Tenerife and travel related articles, take a look at Carmen's Luxury Travel, or if you want all the current information about Tenerife then visit www.tenerifeforum.site and join the most popular Tenerife community online.